There is never ever a time that I am NOT dreaming of a White Christmas! I am a MASSIVE Christmas fan. It also just so happens that I am a MASSIVE Aled Jones fan too (him and Lorraine are my presenting idols!) SO when it was announced that Aled was going to be in the best Christmas musical of all time (sorry Scrooge!) I was very excited! If that was not enough, imagine my excitement when I was invited to watch the cast of White Christmas, including Tom Chambers and Wendi Peters, perform at Fenwick department store. Yep. Christmas did indeed come early for me! You can see exclusive footage from the event below.
I was also lucky enough to catch up with Aled after the performance for a chat about what we can expect from White Christmas, which runs at the Dominion Theatre from the 8th November to the 3rd January 2015. Check out what Aled had to say about his role as Bob Wallace as well as hearing his favourite thing about Christmas and his thoughts on his good friend Lorraine Kelly!
I have got to be honest, every second with Aled was pretty much a highlight but here are a few of our favourite bits:
• From 42 seconds when both Aled and I our mutual fans of one another’s outfits!
• At 1.24 when Aled takes my awful joke on the chin!
• At 1.52 when Aled is full of praise for his fellow cast members.
• From 2.55 when we get an eyeful of shiny shoe!
• From 3.46 when I briefly get to play the role of Little Susan followed by the tale of the cheeky young gal who plays a practical joke on Aled. Banter.
• From 6 minutes when we hear all about Aled’s love of Lorraine Kelly (we feel ya Aled!)
• At 7 minutes Aled tells us his favourite things about Christmas
• At 7.50 we hear why we should see this show!
The Cast of White Christmas Perform at Fenwick Bond Street
As I mentioned, we were lucky enough to hear the lovely cast of White Christmas sing the title song as they launched the Christmas Windows at Fenwick. Even though it was late October, I felt full of festive cheer! Irving Berlin’s score was perfectly sung and an absolute joy to experience!
I cannot WAIT to see the show in a few weeks. If you are a Christmas fan and would like the perfect seasonal pick me up then you HAVE to see this show!