Not to state the obvious but running OfficialTheatre.com means that I go to the theatre. A lot. Sometimes I bring a friend, sometimes I go alone. Much of the time I see the same faces over and over and wonder why we aren’t friends, I mean, we are all pretty dedicated to be red curtaining it night after night. Enough, I thought. Let’s meet these mysterious fellow theatre bloggers and critics. Thus LDNTheatreBloggers was born!
Who Are We?
We are writers/critics/bloggers with a love of theatre.
What Do We do?
Official Theatre organises meet up events, ranging from small scale theatre trips to big networking events with an ocean of wine. We write up our experiences on our own blogs/websites. We then share our posts on social media using the #LDNTheatreBloggers hashtag so we can easily read and promote each others work.
- Above all #LDNTheatreBloggers want to celebrate and support the theatre industry.
- We want to support one another’s blogs and websites, which includes promoting one another on social media.
- We aim to always be fair and honest in our opinions.
- By hosting the meet-ups we aim to find new theatre going friends who we can discuss our love of theatre with!
How to get involved
If you run a blog or website, are interested in theatre and support our aims listed above then shoot me an email via the contact form on the right.
We haven’t got anything massive coming up at the moment, but we are still running small theatre meet ups all the time. SO if you fancy seeing a show with us, get in touch!
- Gin Masterclass at Central and Co 2nd June 2014
- Jamie Macdowell and Tom Thum plus a fun fair at the London Wonderground – 28th July 2014
- Autobahn at the Kings Head Theatre – 1st September 2014
- Coffee Cocktails Making at the Soho Grind – 3rd November 2014
- Planet Hollywood – 30th January 2015
- Let It Be show outing – 11th March 2015
- The Woman In Black show outing – 12th March 2015
- Scotch and Soda group outing – 4th June 2015
For those who want to find out more about the group, check out the hashtag on twitter!