Graham Butler The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Night-Time
Butler is the latest Boone on the block! Yep, that’s right, young actor Graham Butler has landed one of the West End’s biggest and best roles as Christopher Boone, the central character in the critically acclaimed stage adaption of Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
We were lucky enough to catch up with Graham who spoke to us all about the Olivier Award winning role of Christopher Boone as well as career aspirations to be a touch more like Britney Spears. Sounds too exciting to miss right?! Check out the video below!
Graham came across as an inspiring and whimsical man and we loved meeting him to discuss what is one of our favourite productions ever (EVER!) Here are our favourite quotes from the great man himself!
- [Three words to describe Christopher] “Genius, truthful, adventurous.”
- [If Christopher was a colour.] “Christopher would be a fire-cracker red.”
- “There is a moment in the show when Christopher first goes onto the streets and it feels like you are in Pacman!”
- “Three is my favourite prime number.” (We think that is a great choice!)
- “This is the most amazing fun play. I’ve never had more fun on stage. I’ve never had more fun with actors on stage with me. I never thought I would do somersaults, I never thought I would walk up walls and I never thought I would get to go up and down in lifts looking like Britney Spears!” (Totally fair!)
The Lightning Round!
As you will probably be aware by now, I bloomin’ love a Lightning Round! We asked Graham a set of quick fire (fast as LIGHTNING!) questions to reveal how he really feels about topical issues (such as Mark Haddon vs Brian McFadden.) Check out the video below to see Butlers true colours.
Curious on Broadway and beyond!
Holla New York, you concrete jungle where dreams are made (aaa)! Yep, the West End has just acquired a sister production of The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Night Time which opens at Broadway’s Ethel Barrymore Theatre on September 10th. London born Alex Sharp takes the role of Christopher Boone, having just graduated from the prestigious Julliard School. Graham and Official Theatre wish the production the best of luck!
Aside from the razzle dazzle of the Great White Way, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is about to embark on a UK tour (December 2014)! The tour will hit theatres in: Salford, Hull, York, Stoke, Wolverhampton, Aylesbury, Plymouth, Nottingham, Cardiff, Bradford, Edinburgh, Cantebury, Birmingham, Leicester, Oxford, Southampton, Liverpool, Bristol, Sunderland, Glasgow, Leeds, Aberdeen, Norwich, Sheffield, Dublin, Belfast, Bath and Milton Keynes. For further information and tour tickets see www.curiousonstage.com/tour
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time runs at the Gielgud Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue. You can book tickets here.