Andrew Lloyd Webber, Trevor Nunn and Gillian Lynne
YES! CATS IS COMING BACK TO THE WEST END GUYS! CATS!!!! I remember seeing Cats at the New London Theatre when I was about 10 years old and being so inspired that all I did for weeks was sing (screech) MEMMMMORIEEES at the top of my little lungs. I also really wanted a tail for a long time after the show (*cough*stillwantone*cough*) so imagine my delight at being invited to the super duper press launch for the new show at the fabulous London Palladium! Oh, and there’s wine? Honey count me in! Check out the video below for the puuuurformance highlights!
Hobnobbing with The Lord
Paws up, who’s excited after watching the above video? Well y’know what, there is more! We (and about 200 other people) caught up with original creative team, Andrew Lloyd Webber (Composer) Trevor Nunn (Director) and Gillian Lynne (Choreographer) and had a cheeky little Q&A about the forth coming show that arrives at the Palladium in December
Watch out for the following questions in the video below (my favourite is the last question and Andrew’s response, he was quick to check a b*tch!)
- What made you think of cats as an idea in the first place? (Answer at 0.35 seconds )
- Old Possums book of practical cats has no narrative – how did you get to find the story? (Answer at 2 minutes and 24 seconds)
- Gillian at that time there had never been a danced through show. Cats is almost an uninterrupted dance sequence. What were your initial challenges? (Answer at 4 minutes and 14 seconds)
- We hear there will be revisions and possible changes…any clues as to what will be revised? (Answer at 5 minutes and 40 seconds.)
- Is it not a sorry indictment of theatreland that the only thing that people are interested in is new versions of old works? (Andrew checks a b*tch at 6 minutes and 57 seconds! ) Big love to the Lord for that one!
We Love Cats
We really really do. So much so that we want to share some pictures from the press launch with you. Enjoy!
The Important Bits
Other than the show containing a much anticipated rap, I thought I’d better mention that the show runs at the London Palladium from the 6th December for 12 weeks. The show is set to be a family friendly bonanza with face painting and all kinds of feline based joy in the theatre’s Val Parnell Bar (which, if you have ever been, you will know is pretty swish!) We have tickets on sale HERE. Buy them now before they sell out!